Hello and welcome to the Year 6 Home Learning Page!
- Recap specific grammatical terminology- this can be completed using Bugclub (see link below- username example Joe Bloggs username would be jblo, password abc, the school code is ndms)
- Practise spellings from the Y5/6 word list and put them in sentences, look particularly at the spelling patterns (look at the spelling link below and Readiwriter)
- Read lots of different types of texts that you might have at home- try to read for at least 15 minutes a day. Is there an Accelerated Reader quiz for that book? (Login link below- username example Joe Bloggs username would be jblo, password abc). Look at MyOn link to follow.
- Practise your handwriting
- Practise calculating using all 4 written methods of calculation (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
- Explore equivalences between fractions, decimals and percentages
- Practise calculations using fractions and decimals
- Go on Times Table Rockstars every day
- Look at the Topic and Science work menu for afternoon work
To contact the teaching team from Year 6 for assistance with any of the home learning tasks please use firstname.lastname@example.org
Week 2 Message!
Hello Year 6!
We hope you’re staying safe and completing your home learning. We know this is a difficult time for you, but we have added some websites to make it easier for you (we hope). The most important update is MyOn, this will allow you to read and take quizzes at home (you can find more out on the letter below). Remember to send pictures of your work to the year 6 email, it’s great to see some of you already doing this. Also, if you’re stuck on anything remember to send us an email, or if you just want to practise your letter writing, write to us. We will get back to you as soon as we can.
Click on the link below to find a longer letter/ Daily checklist/ Extra ideas.
Try and do your best at home but also remember to take breaks. We both miss you all and hope to hear from you soon.
Miss Burrage and Mrs Gadsdon 🙂
CGP Packs- Reading, Maths and Grammar
Please take your time with these, doing one section at a time, treat it like you would your books in school. If you do come back to school, we would like to see them. We know the answers are in the back of the book, but we trust you to try first, maybe get your adults to mark them for you.
If your child is finding this level too difficult (or they need more to keep them busy), feel free to look at other year groups.
Accelerated Maths Link- if you get an exercise remember you’ll need help from an adult.
Times Tables Rock Stars:
My Maths (coming soon)
Bugclub- for grammar help
Just like the homework menu choose one to work on at a time.
Please learn to tell the time.