Good morning, Year 2!
Ideas to support your Year 2 child:
- Read everyday
- Write book reviews for the books you finish
- Keep a diary
- Practise 2, 5 and 10 times tables
- Complete calculations using all four operations (+, -, x and ÷)
- Measure objects around your home and record the lengths
- Go on a shape hunt, write the names of all the shapes you find, then make a table and record the number of faces, edges and vertices for each object.
- Draw a plan for a home for an animal of your choice. Make a model of your design.
- Find different items around your home and try to work out what they are made of. Can you put them in groups based on their similarities?
- Create a self portrait using only a pencil. Repeat but this time in colour. Repeat but this time colour it in only red, blue, green.
- Collect leaves and make an animal pictures out of leaves. What animals can you make?
- Plan a healthy meal for your family. What foods are healthy?What does the body need to stay healthy? What food will you choose?
- Learn to tie your shoelaces.
- Practise reading time on a clock in your house
Early Morning Work:
Printable resources have been included in your printed pack.
- Practise writing your spellings in silly sentences
- Play hangman with your spellings
- Create a spelling scribble
- Look, say, cover and write your spellings
Weekly spellings practice
Links to Accelerated Reader – keep up with your quizzes!
Please see the Parent Guide to myON – make sure you ‘Connect Now’ to link to your reading level
Login: Your first initial followed by the first four letters of your surname e.g. BGADS (all capitals)
Password : ABC
Practise letter formation and joining your handwriting
Get Epic! Get reading!
2 Damson class login: zhg5196
2 Peaches class login: wky2437
Choose a weird or wonderful image and a task to go with it.
Supermovers is a great way to get active and learn at the same time!
A range of maths and English activities