We hope you have enjoyed the half term break and made the most of the sunshine. Miss Gadsdon has been enjoying lots of lovely walks with Penny the pup and Miss Purvis spent a day canoeing on the river! We are feeling refreshed and ready to get back to work and we hope that you are too…
We have added a new home learning pack below, as well as reading and spelling activities; more maths activities have also been set for you to complete on MyMaths. We have loved seeing your emails, so please keep on sending them through to us. A new Home Learning Star will be selected this week – could it be you?
A notice for parents and carers: your child’s school report will be emailed out on Monday 1st June – please keep an eye out for this. If you wish to discuss anything, please email us at Y2@northdenes.norfolk.sch.uk
w/b 1st June
- Practise writing your spellings in silly sentences
- Play hangman with your spellings
- Create a spelling scribble
- Look, say, cover and write your spellings
BBC Bitesize have created fun-packed programmes full of learning and inspiration on a range of subjects – take a look if you’re interested! https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/bitesize-daily-schedules-teach/zdtwjhv
Ideas to support your Year 2 child:
- Read everyday
- Write book reviews for the books you finish
- Keep a diary
- Practise 2, 5 and 10 times tables
- Complete calculations using all four operations (+, -, x and ÷)
- Measure objects around your home and record the lengths
- Go on a shape hunt, write the names of all the shapes you find, then make a table and record the number of faces, edges and vertices for each object.
- Draw a plan for a home for an animal of your choice. Make a model of your design.
- Find different items around your home and try to work out what they are made of. Can you put them in groups based on their similarities?
- Create a self portrait using only a pencil. Repeat but this time in colour. Repeat but this time colour it in only red, blue, green.
- Collect leaves and make an animal pictures out of leaves. What animals can you make?
- Plan a healthy meal for your family. What foods are healthy?What does the body need to stay healthy? What food will you choose?
- Learn to tie your shoelaces.
- Practise reading time on a clock in your house
Weekly spellings practice
Links to Accelerated Reader – keep up with your quizzes!
Please see the Parent Guide to myON – make sure you ‘Connect Now’ to link to your reading level
Login: Your first initial followed by the first four letters of your surname e.g. BGADS (all capitals)
Password : ABC
Practise letter formation and joining your handwriting
Get Epic! Get reading!
2 Damson class login: zhg5196
2 Peaches class login: wky2437
Choose a weird or wonderful image and a task to go with it.
Supermovers is a great way to get active and learn at the same time!
A range of maths and English activities