Summer holidays are almost here…!
Welcome to your last week of home learning – you made it!! Well done to all of you – you have worked so hard during these strange times and we are so proud of you. Just one more week of logging on to MyMaths, Readiwriter and MyOn and completing your home learning packs, then you can relax in the sunshine of the summer holidays! Thank you so much to parents and carers who have supported all of the home learning that has taken place – we know it hasn’t been easy! If you need any further support with home learning or would just like to check in please drop us an email at Y2@northdenes.norfolk.sch.uk
Congratulation to Phoebe in 2 Damson, who was last week’s Home Learning Star of the Week! Our final star will be chosen this week – keep working hard and sending us pictures of your work and you could be this week’s winner!
New home learning packs have been added below, as well as reading, spelling and MyMaths activities for the week. Remember if you get below 90% on MyMaths you should redo the lesson and homework to make sure you understand. If you have any questions, please let us know.
Stay safe everyone and hopefully see you soon!
w/b 13th July
- Practise writing your spellings in silly sentences
- Play hangman with your spellings
- Create a spelling scribble
- Look, say, cover and write your spellings
BBC Bitesize have created fun-packed programmes full of learning and inspiration on a range of subjects – take a look if you’re interested! https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/bitesize-daily-schedules-teach/zdtwjhv
Ideas to support your Year 2 child:
- Read everyday
- Write book reviews for the books you finish
- Keep a diary
- Practise 2, 5 and 10 times tables
- Complete calculations using all four operations (+, -, x and ÷)
- Measure objects around your home and record the lengths
- Go on a shape hunt, write the names of all the shapes you find, then make a table and record the number of faces, edges and vertices for each object.
- Draw a plan for a home for an animal of your choice. Make a model of your design.
- Find different items around your home and try to work out what they are made of. Can you put them in groups based on their similarities?
- Create a self portrait using only a pencil. Repeat but this time in colour. Repeat but this time colour it in only red, blue, green.
- Collect leaves and make an animal pictures out of leaves. What animals can you make?
- Plan a healthy meal for your family. What foods are healthy?What does the body need to stay healthy? What food will you choose?
- Learn to tie your shoelaces.
- Practise reading time on a clock in your house
Weekly spellings practice
Links to Accelerated Reader – keep up with your quizzes!
Please see the Parent Guide to myON – make sure you ‘Connect Now’ to link to your reading level
Login: Your first initial followed by the first four letters of your surname e.g. BGADS (all capitals)
Password : ABC
Practise letter formation and joining your handwriting
Get Epic! Get reading!
2 Damson class login: zhg5196
2 Peaches class login: wky2437
Choose a weird or wonderful image and a task to go with it.
Supermovers is a great way to get active and learn at the same time!
A range of maths and English activities